Everyone just assumes he is her father and we're ok with that. :)

My boyfriend and I attened a wedding Saturday (my daughter was the flowergirl), this elderly lady complimented us that WE have the most beautiful daughter. Than again at the grocery store the cashier thought he was he daddy. He is sooo good with her and we spend alot of time with him
Her father is still in her life but when hes not around and my SO is-is it ok we dont correct people that hes not her daddy. I dont feel like explaining it to everyone we meet. What do ya think???
I am sure my ex and his gf dont explain shes not her mommy when they go out. As long as my daughter knows who her mommy & daddy are- we're ok. Right???

NewTakeOnLife09

Asked by NewTakeOnLife09 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ummm, I don't know - is your daughter within earshot of these conversations? Because that might confuse her. People often think that one, or all, of my children are my dh's as well - sometimes we correct them, sometimes not - but he's my husband and not my boyfriend, which I think makes a difference.

Answer by missanc at 9:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I would only correct it if you don't see a longterm relationship with him. Then it would be very confusing for your child. Otherwise I don't see it being a big deal. If he's going to be in her life for the long haul then I would just let it happen and not make a big deal out of it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i would make a correction. when i was growing up my dad had a girlfriend and we looked a lot alike. And when me and her were just out together, they would ask what is your daughters name or you guys look really alike. and she and i would make the correction. I really think you should.
    waytruthlife

Answer by waytruthlife at 9:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• as long as she knows who her parents are. I'ld say it's ok
    let them keep assuming
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 9:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yera its def. long term. sometimes she is within earshot sometimes not and shes only 2 1/2- I dunno if she understands because people direct the comments at him and I.
    NewTakeOnLife09

Answer by NewTakeOnLife09 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I don't think it's important to correct a stranger you'll never see again. It's none of their business. Just accept the compliment and move on.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 9:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i dont correct ppl and my SD is 10 they are strangers i will never see them again.. whats the point and spending 5 mins of my time explaining that im not her mother? i jsut say thanks and let it go
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• " I don't think it's important to correct a stranger you'll never see again. It's none of their business. Just accept the compliment and move on. "

EXACTLY what I was going to say...
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Are you planning on marrying him,if,your child isn't able to hear this,no,I'm going just say no,because when she get older she may get confused,and I really don't like women telling their kids this is Daddy or this is Uncle Tom,what if it don't work out.Another thing as smart as kids are now,she will be speaking up herself and saying,that's not my Daddy,my Daddy name is .....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2009