Help me...I keep feeling alarmed, like something is about to happen..

and I've been really irritated and angry. Kinda been like that since I've had my son. I'm becoming afraid, like something's wrong. It's embarrassing. Anything?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Health

• ..and I keep feeling like I want to cry.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Have you talked to your doctor about it? It could just be PPD, but it could also be something more serious like your thyroid. Mine went bad 2 weeks after having my last baby. Can you share your symptoms with us?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Could it be post-postpartum depression? Depression that occurs soon after giving birth? Or hormonal imbalance? Don't be embarrassed for sure. Talk it over with your doctor. Something isn't right and a blood work up or physical exam may help identify it and get you to feeling better. Good luck to you.

Answer by Bmat at 9:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Yes. I'm tired all of the time, very angry and irritable. My son is 16 months so I guess I thought I should have been over than by now if it was PPD. I feel like I want to cry. I don't really want to be around others too much. I feel sometimes like people are against me (that really makes me feel like some weird person stuck in a corner somewhere). Sometimes I don't eat at all sometimes I eat a lot (I've always had a hefty appetite though). Sometimes I'm afraid I may really hurt someone when angry. I don't like that. On the flip side, the day could go wonderful. I want to come out and hang out, and I generally feel good.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Reads to be standard hormone imbalance... my guess is estrogen dominance... try looking up Dr John Lee or visiting www.women4balance.com for some guidance to get you started on your path to feeling normal.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2009