Need help...Food intolerance and serious diaper rash in 1 yr old

Appreciate any help. DD is 1 and has shown a terrible diaper rash reaction to most foods we have introduced including - strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, cheese, yogurt, mango, pasta, corn, cantalope, tomatoes, peas, string beans, etc. The only things she does well with are bananas, peaches, apples, pears, squash, sweet potatoes & carrots. We have typically waited 4 days in between and at times it has taken as many as 3-4 days for the diaper rash to show up. We did allergy testing (other daughter has peanut & tree nut allergy) which was negative. So I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation and can offer some advice. Thanks so much

IslandMomof3

Asked by IslandMomof3 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sorry, I don't have experience with this...but I can recommend an ointment for the diaper rash that works wonders......try A&D!! It doesn't hurt to put it on and diaper rash goes away immediately. I feel bad for your child, how awful!
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 9:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Did the dr say the diaper rash is an allergy. Maybe it's just too much of like, acid or yeast, causing the rashes???? My family is rampid w allergies too and it is a nightmare with babies and the affects an allergen causes on the body. Good luck....research what you can. That's what we do
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• oh....and the best thing that has worked in my family is putting good old fashioned corn starch on w diaper changes when rashes are bad. as other girl said A&D diaper cream and also Butt Paste work best in my opinion. And vaseline sometimes too.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Could it possibly be an allergic reaction to the type of diapers she is wearing? My dd was allergic to Huggies. Everytime she wore that brand, and she pooped or peed, she broke out very badly.

Just a suggestion. I would talk to her Dr about it immediately.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• FOR THE DIAPER RASH YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY CORN STARCH WORKED VERY GOOD WITH MY SON
    mommyttc

Answer by mommyttc at 12:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2009