What does CPS look for?

I want to call on my roommate but I don't want them finding fault with me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you have nothing to hide I wouldn't worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I know someone who got CPS called on her because the condition of her house..roaches, filthy and not suitable for her 3girls under the age of 4. I actually at some point wanted to call but never did however she told me that when they came to her door first thing they swabbed her mouth for a drug test. She passed drug test and she was so in shock about the whole situation..the CPS lady asked her questions on who she thought called on her and she ended up finding out who..her sister n law!
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• just say you're calling as an anonymous.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 9:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Be careful because if it is unfounded she can press charges (at least in NYS) I saw this happen when a stepmom accused a bio mom of abuse, they asked if she knew who turned her in she guessed right, turns out step mom just wanted to get rid of the bio mom, the children's doctor had also stated that the mother was a great mother and he did not believe the children were in any danger from her, but rather the father and step mom... ended up blowing up in their face.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• There is no anon. with CPS they KNOW who calls.
    Anonymous

• She couldn't press charges in NC - my ex has called CPS on me twice and both times it's been unfounded and I knew exactly who did it. They looked at the condition of my house, I'm sure but they really didn't LOOK at anything. The first time they didn't even come in my home, from their reports I know they looked through my windows when I wasn't home, and they talked to my kids. The second time they came, they came in and talked with me in my home, but they didn't look around, stayed in the living room (and maybe used the downstairs bathroom) and they talked to my kids.

Answer by missanc at 9:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• 85% of all CPS calls are unfounded, or are made by people trying to get revenge on someone else. Look into your own heart before you potentially destroy your roomate's life. Is this something you can TALK TO HER ABOUT? CPS is not a joke.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Charges can only be pressed on the person calling they continue to call after nothing has been found the first time. You can't get in trouble for calling the first time (Believe me, I found this out first hand had people calling CPS on me 5 or 6 times)

As for the anon who said 85% of cps calls are unfounded, are you kidding me? Where the hell do you get your stats from? I agree some people call for the dumbest reasons but i'd say about 85% (probably more but giving benefit of the doubt here) of the calls made to CPS are for legit reasons. Not the other way around
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009