repost: Anyone ever found a weird bump on their skin?

I have a bump that kind of feels like a pimple on my chest (not my breast) but its been there for weeks now. It doesn't hurt and it's slightly red. I'm making a doctor's appointment at the end of the week but I'm so nervous....anyone else ever dealt with this?

Not sure if this matters, but I'm fair-skinned and have had a few sunburns where the bump is. I'm 30 years old and just had a baby...

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Health

• Is it above or underneath the skin?

It could just be an infection in your breast tissue. I had a breast cancer scare a couple months back with a small pimple like bump that turned into a dime sized knot overnight basically. My doctor immediately sent me for a mammogram but sent me home on Keflex just incase. Thankfully it started clearing up around the time of my mammogram and everything turned out fine and the infection was the only thing that was going on.

Hope it turns out the same for you.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2009