I am 38 weeks and as of last week I was 3 centimeters dilated. I have lost my mucus plug. How long do you think it will be before I go into labor?

mom662

Asked by mom662 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Any time now....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• At 37 weeks exactly I was 4cm 75% and -1 I am now 39 weeks- I HATEEE it, and I am SOOO fucking done.
    My body is saying Im ready, he is saying fuck you!
    so to answer your question, its ANYONES guess- I hope u have mmore luck thn I am
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• im sure soon as hell.congrats and best wishes to u and your newborn.im 38 weeks too hopefully i lose mine soon, the heat is killing me n i want my babygirl here.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 10:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You can go any time between now and four weeks or five from now.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Within the next several weeks most likely.
    Knowing what your cervix is doing today won't help you to know when/how you'll labor~ it's pretty irrelevant.
    Many women never get checked in their pregnancies because it causes unnecessary worrying...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Sometime during the next 4 weeks or you will probably be induced at 42 weeks.

Dilation doesnt mean crap but getting your hopes unnecessarily up or scaring the crap out of you... depending on how far along you are at the time

I was 2 cm dilated at 31 weeks and was told I wouldnt make it to 36. By 36 I was 4-5cm and still prego! The next week I was 5cm, 75% effaced and +2 station. I still made it to an induction the following week.

So being 3cm doesnt mean ANYTHING! You can be 5cm and walk around or you can be 1cm and go in to labor
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Don't bank on that!!! I lost my mucus plug at 34 weeks and was 4cm at 35 weeks!!! I had my son three days after my due date and still had to be induced
    EmmasMama723

Answer by EmmasMama723 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• When did you go into labor for you first? All 4 of my pregnancies were almost to the day in length.
    GotteAClue

Answer by GotteAClue at 2:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• By the way, you don't HAVE to get induced at 42 weeks. If all is well and there is nothing wrong there is no need to. Sometimes either the dates are off or some babies just gestate longer. You CAN say no, and can choose instead to continue to be monitored for good health.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2009