Random bout diaper size...

so my DD is 8 months 30 inches tall and 17lbs size4 diapers my friends DD is a day older 27inches 23lbs size3 diapers.. why is mine in size 4 lol and hers size 3

mama2myAna

Asked by mama2myAna at 10:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is your baby broader. My daughter is broad.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• She may be trying to save alittle money, you get more in the size 3's. She probaly is ready to move up to a size 4.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I think it must have to do with the shape of the kid. I notice your friend's daughter is shorter, that may have something to do with it. Either that or how you prefer the diaper to fit. I noticed that with a friend of mine, her son was way bigger than mine and always in smaller diapers. I wondered if he leaked a lot, especially because she would buy the Sam's club brand.
    My daughter is 20 lbs, 32 inches and a size 3 by the way. I think she needs to move up soon though.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Photobucket
    thats my DD
    mama2myAna

Answer by mama2myAna at 10:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• The range of sizes listed on the diaper boxes overlap, so it just depends on which fit your child better.

Answer by missanc at 10:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• my dd is closer ur babies size and i still use size 3. I feel they still fit her well and i dont feel the need to move up just yet.
    crystaleve29

Answer by crystaleve29 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Sometimes it has to do with the size of the bumm... like my son has a very narrow waist. But also some people put too big of diapers on their kids or have them wear them very loose. I'd say your baby might be in a size too big... she seems to be tall and skinny.
    My son is 32 inches and 24 lbs and is in a size 4 and 13 months old... he won't be moving into size 5s anytime soon
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My son is 24 lbs and 32 inches long at 14 months. He's also VERY tall for his age. If I were to go by weight, he'd be in a size three diapers but according to his height, he's in size five. The problem with diapers I have, is that they fit perfectly around his waist but they're too short on him.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I agree with amijanell...its all about where babies carry the weight, just like us....like I carry all my weight in my butt, and my son is the opposite! lol. Seriously though, my son sounds like a rolly polly on paper...4.5 months, at least 18 pounds (not sure bc his appt. is in a few days) but he is so long, he was 90 percentile in height and 75 in weight at his 2 month appt....and he has chubby cheeks n thighs but his bum is really narrow. I think hes fairly slim compared to other babies that are in my family....So I would not worry about other people's babies, and I dont even pay alot of attention to the weight tag on clothes and diapers anymore. my son was in 3 month clothing up until just recently....everything differs, oh and plus its summer so he didnt have to wear pants cus i am sure hed be a much bigger size in the pants.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 10:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2009