Baby cereal

When did you start feeding your baby cereal? And did you start with the rice or oatmeal? or does it matter?

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 4 months - I started with rice, but he prefers oatmeal

Answer by missanc at 10:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• At 3 months I started my daughter on rice. I would try rice first only because it is easier for them to digest.
    LolaD

Answer by LolaD at 10:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• around 5 months and i was still bfing so they usually suggest 6 months. I started with oatmeal but after awhile i started giving her mixed all the time. She never really liked the rice on its own and i didnt like how it would look when i made it so we stopped with that.
    crystaleve29

Answer by crystaleve29 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• im trying to start my son on rice cereal right now and hes 3 months old. the doctor told me to spoon feed him 1 or 2 tablespoons and then go up one or two everyday and then in a week or so try applesauce too. i put it in his bottle once too not that long ago just to see if he would sleep through the night but it didnt work.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• We started brown rice cereal at six months. If we were to do it again, I would skip cereal and start with avocado.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I started at 4 months, I did oatmeal, he loved it until he tried table food now he don't want anything to do with it lol
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Mashed banana, six months. No cereal; stuff is like wallpaper paste. Although it IS good for sick parakeets!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2009