For Diabetics,when you lose weight does your blood sugar numbers go down or stay the same?

Iam taking high blood pressure medicine and it has made my [low blood sugar] look high and normal,I've taken a blood test that says my glucose is 95,which means normal?I was on a higher blood pressure med and it made me glucose 109 but at that time I was 260 pnds. Now I'm 223pnds.I'm hoping because I'm on a lower dose of the meds my doctor will see that I did in deed and still do have Hypoglycemia, low blood sugar but because I'm on not that little of a dose, it says 95 or do you think the weight loss made it that way too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Health

• Weight loss always affects diabetes. Most people with type 2 diabetes are diabetic because they are over weight. Alot of the times once the weight comes off the blood sugars return closer to normal levels. Same with high blood pressure, loose the weight and cut out the salt and the body returns closer to normal
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 10:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• So do you think the 95 is a normal range for blood sugar or is that pre-diabetic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• 95 is in the range of normal. Is that a fasting result? depending on the doc, some say normal is 60 to 110, some even go up to 120,(fasting) it totally depends on how aggressive the doc is. Also, an A1C, which is a specific test will give you an "average" of blood sugars.(3 months worth of average) Anything at 6.0 or higher is considered having diabetes.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 10:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Yeah I fasted
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009