Seriously, my Son is going to be a tween?

When did tween age go do to 9? I figured that I had a least until he was 12. Oh, how they grow so first. Was anyone else surprised about this as I am?

jakjasjon

Asked by jakjasjon at 10:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I was beyond surprised when it hit me. My oldest is now going to be 11 soon and it shocks me evertime I realize how old he is and how fast he's growing.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I know it seems like just yesterday he was in diapers and drooling over over himself, know he wants to look good for girls.
    jakjasjon

Answer by jakjasjon at 1:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yep - it feels very surreal. Soon, in October, I won't have any tweens at all anymore - she'll be 13. And, my oldest moved to college Monday, so I'm kinda blown away, wondering where the time went, and if all this is real....lol!
    MinstrelMommy

Answer by MinstrelMommy at 1:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I've discussed this new word, "tween" with my 9 year old. I told her it's a new word that we're not using. She's a KID until she's a teen, at 13, which is still a kid, until she's an adult, at 18.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2009