trying to help a friend that is in risk of miscarriage... plz help!

My girlfriend is only six weeks pregnant... she is spotting not so much, but cramping is still there! What is to be recommended for her? She went to the er, last Sat.... and said she is in risk of miscarriage! Today she saw her ob-gyne, and told her she could only see the sac... and she might need to give sometime to see if she is having a good or bad pregnancie! She works.. should she stay home? Should she stay in bed rest? Also she wasa very irregular on her periods, and her last was not a complete one lmp..07-1-09. Any suggestions? Thanks! a very worry friend...... plz help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, if she is going to miscarry, she will. It's hard to accept and it's a very hard thing to go through. My first pregnancy, I miscarried at 8 weeks. I knew I was pregnant for only 1 week. I hadn't even had a chance to see my doctor yet. Went to the ER three times in one week. It was soooo hard.
    If she does miscarry (I pray she doesn't) just be there for your friend. Stand by her every step of the way. Please know that it is NOT easy and it is NOT something you get over. Many people wondered why I was so depressed and just didn't get over it, and it's because they had never been through it.
    It may help if she takes a little while off of work. Ask her OB if bedrest will help. When I asked about why I miscarried, they told me they don't know what exactly caused the miscarriage (probably my medical condition).
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Honestly at this point there's really not much that can be done. It's just way too early. I had a mc at 6w and one at 12w and both times was told that it was too early for much to be done to stop them.

Now, cramping can be normal, it's the uterus stretching, and maybe she's just not as far along as she thought and that's why they only saw a sac. Since she was irregular it could be that the spotting was implantation bleeding and the cramping is just normal uterine stretching. She's just got to give it some time and see. As for work, it's really up to her, because either way if she's going to miscarry, it'll happen and whether she works or not will not be the deciding factor.

It really sucks to have a miscarriage and I hope that it doesn't happen to your friend, but if it does, just be there for her.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• That is not so but it does sound bad for your friend! Just tell her to stay off her feet! My sister did the same thing and she went to three doctors before she found one that said there was a chance! He put her on bedrest and had her watch herself carefully! This was the case with both her pregnancies and her kids are now 6 and 3! It is never over til it is over and I dislike people that give up on babies!
    EmmasMama723

Answer by EmmasMama723 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2009