How can I practice Wicca without any books?!!

I am new to Wicca and won't be able to buy any books for awhile, my library don't have any either. Can I practice without the books? If so how and where do I start? I have read alot about Wicca and I am ready. I am needing some balance and peace in my life and I am hoping Wicca can give me that.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 10:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• there are books to help you
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• you are using your best resource right now... the internet. I have about 100 different pagan sites saved in my favorites... quite a few of them are teaching sites. www.witchvox.com is a huge community... good place to start
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Have you done much online research? There are some very helpful websites out there. You can ask other pagan moms on here what sites they like. I'm not wiccan but I do some candle magic and other stuff occasionally. Also, I bought Scott Cunningham's Wicca A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner at Border's for $12.95. If you could scrape up that much it might be worth it. I loved that book.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Personally, and respectfully, I believe the best way to practice IS without books...especially when you are first 'starting out'.
    Explore your own mind, discover what you think/feel/know, develop the questions that you need answered, journal, journal, journal...about everything under (and beyond) the Sun. What do the colors mean to YOU? How do you respond to the different phases of the Moon...or how do the phases of the Moon manifest themselves in your life? How do you see the 'world' and your place in it? Where, when and how do you feel in closest communication with (insert Diety(ies) here)? Why is that? Get to know your own self.
    Then, MAYBE books....In my opinion. :)
    Nikara

Answer by Nikara at 11:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Technically you can practice without needing books but you would need a group to practice with. But if you are called to a particular God, by all means go and honour them. There is no need for books to honour the Gods. But if you are looking to practice magic, then study is needed. But Wicca is not the only path that teaches magic. There are others. But if you are needing balance and peace I wholeheartedly recommend that you pick up and endeavor to practice meditation. It will provide inner peace and strength and it provides a strong foundation for any magical practice.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Close your little eyes and pretend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You need a group to study and practice with. Most people who fail do so because they have no human support or community to help them. Being solitary is great, but I wasn't alone at first either. Technically I'm still not because I do have a small network of friends I can call upon if I need help. My suggestion is find a coven near you. Get to know them. Attend any celebrations or sabots going on in your area. Personal teachers are much better than books.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• http://www.sacred-texts.com/

Wicca is listed with the neopagan texts

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Look for things online, soak those things in as you read through them.

Just start practicing, follow your heart and what it tells you. You dont have to have a ton of books or a coven to honor and respect the Divine.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2009