A whole lotta TMI!!!

Ok I have been having really bad gas pains and I am having a hard time passing the gas. I am not holding it in because it makes me feel ill if I do that. Did you or do you have this and what did you do to release it. Please help it really hurts.

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 10:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had this around my 2nd trimester and what i did i started eating food that i knew acted as laxatives...such as applesauce and mcdonalds icecream lol...it made me poop and pass gas
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• walk around!!! it helps sometime that happens to me and I am think i am dying!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Lay on your right side!!! It helped me!
    EmmasMama723

Answer by EmmasMama723 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• try rocking in a rocking chair, this will help you pass the gas.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• get on your hands and knees and lift your butt as high as you can,shaking it form side to side!it helped me!also,make sure you are drinking enough water!
    ainamama

Answer by ainamama at 12:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Well, what worked for me was taking a Tylenol and drinking two bottles of Gatorade... My bf's doc told him that Gatorade is a miracle worker when it comes to gas pains and I had no idea and was very skeptical until I had no choice one day and tried it. Im not sure if it was the Tylenol or what but one or the other worked lol.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Be careful with gatorade& powerade, sports drink intake should be limited in pregnancy. My daughter seems to think coffee (1 cup of half caf) works wonders. And usually by the time she is done drinking it she has to go and it seems to push out all the gas first. If you don't want to try coffee try any hot liquid (tea, hot choc.)
    GotteAClue

Answer by GotteAClue at 2:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Lying on either side works wonders for me. It actually makes me burp and fart when I have bad gas. Sometimes I actually go to the living room when I feel particularly gassy b/c it comes out often and really noisily from both ends and that way my hubby can sleep and I can release in private.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2010