What are the very basic things?

Ok i'm getting my hospital bag ready and to be honest it's been 6 years since i have done it. I'm trying to make sure I'm getting everything i absolutely need. So what are your suggestions on things to pack.

sassytasha

Asked by sassytasha at 11:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im a first timer here but all im taking is a couple of changes of clothes for me and hubby (mine are just changes of pjs really lol),toothpaste/brush, my information such as insurance/license etc., plus a book, some socks and slippers (cuz the hospital is cold),and an outfit for the baby and special recieving blankie i wanna use
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• camera, clothes for you and baby, going home outfit for you and baby, boppy pillow (if you will use it), a pillow of your own for you, toothbrush/paste, brush, make-up (if you choose), laptop, hard candies/snacks, a bath robe, comfy shoes, ponytails, blankets for baby, pacifier, wipes for baby (the ones they gave me to use for her were soooo rough i didn't have the heart to wipe her with them), bibs for baby, maybe some diapers too, even though the hospital will provide diapers....hmmm im trying to remember what all I brought.
    Goo Luck
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• see i can't remember really. i'm not to worried about what my bf needs he needs to do his own thing. (having some probs rite now so i'm not giving 2 poos about him) do you think it would be good idea to go ahead and bring nursing pads and cream and regular pads of my own?
    sassytasha

Answer by sassytasha at 11:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I would bring the bare minimum ... i over packed and barely used anything and ended up with bags and bags to go home with because the hospital gives you so much. Next time around i will only be packing, outfit for the baby, outfit to go home, extra undies, pads with wings (my hospital had awful ones) tooth brush and paste, hair brush and that is pretty much it. and just camera and cell phone. The hospital has everything!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• food
    camera
    toothbrush
    doula
    cellphone
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• socks. socks. A comfy pillow. toothbrush. camera. granola bars (or something filling/ nutritious). coming home outfit for baby. Carseat.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Never leave home without your Doula!
    Jade812

Answer by Jade812 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• bring....
    chapstick! (cant stress that enough.)
    socks!!
    camera (and extra batteries)
    nursing pads (my hospital didnt have any, can you believe that!!)
    dont bring...
    diapers (they will have plenty, and save your for when u get home)
    tons of blankets/pillows
    books (you wont read them, trust me)
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would definitly bring nursing pads and cream with you just because you can leak and become sore from breast feeding for the first few days. I would absolutly say bring your own pads... from what i hear the ones they give you suck. Other than that everyone else seems to have the right ideas as well.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would bring menstrual pads. The ones they give you in the hospital are RIDICULOUSLY large and uncomfortable.

Toothbrush/toothpaste
    Hair brush
    Shampoo/conditioner/soap
    A change of clothes for yourself and for baby
    Car seat
    Something to amuse yourself with in case your labor is long. I was in there for 27 f*cking hours and oh what I would have done to have a movie to watch or a book to read.

Good luck! :)
    jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 5:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2009