Feeding problem

I have a hard time feeding my 9 month old solids. she only eats apple sause and pear and she loves yogurt. that's about it. no yellow. any sugestions on what to feed her? and no cereal...

DaryaK

Asked by DaryaK at 11:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had the same problems around 9 months with my daughter. She really didn't like anything i gave her. So when i told my doctor, she said to try using finger foods, she is just bored. Well it worked, She loves veggies(like peas, carrots and corn,) mixed with rice, pasta, mac and cheese. She won't eat any fresh or canned fruit, so i give her freeze dried fruit and she loves that! She just wanted to feed her self and was tired of baby food. i hope this helps good luck momma.. i knows it really hard.. you expect them to be so excited about food.. my daughter really doesn't care either way. but it's a work in progess
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• why no cereal? I couldnt get mine to eat anything but a few fruits and then i started mixing oatmeal w/ apple juice and puting like peas or corn or squash in the same bowl and i would get her good and comfortable with the ceral then i would put a bite of ceral and peas and she likes it alot. its the only way i can get her to eat anything but fruit. good luck
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 12:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Do you mean she refuses?

I wouldn't make a huge deal of it, really. Breastmilk or formula is still her main meal. She WILL eat more things. Really. Patience.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2009