What would you do if you knew there was a drug house in your neighborhood?

So three houses across the street from mine there is a combined family living there. Each divorced parent has children, they are not married and both screwed up...She is a raging alcohalic and drives around with liquior in her hand at all times...Her five sons have cars pulling up around the clock. They never stay more than a couple minutes, sometimes never even leave the car, sometimes Its easy to see things being handed, once even seen things being smelled as you do for pot or crack. There have been a few fights that dispersed quickly, and a few other incidents....night time is iffy, sometimes there will be loud teens that wake us up, and we find garbage and alcohal bottles and cans in the street....A few times some porch items from neighbors have been randomly in the streets or driveways....But its for sure that these boys are using pot and selling, just not sure to what extent. We have notified...(cont.)

soveryconfused

Asked by soveryconfused at 11:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• the city police department and they were coming down the streets once in awhile, which was more often than usual...but that kinda stopped as well. Its hard to say when the activity will start bc the parents are sometimes home sometimes not and the mother is home but she doesnt give a damn and is never sober anyways. I have seen 20 teens come out of that house. I just dont like having that sort of thing in what once was a quiet neighborhood. They have been here only a couple years but this year was when it got bad. I KNOW they are selling bc I even see grown people stopping by really quick, but how can anyone prove it.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• And it can go a week without anything and then the next day 15 different cars visit the street. Once a man even followed some of the boys to the house and was about to fight them he was so angry bc they had been speeding and almost hit him. None of these teens have a parental figure that is telling them right from wrong and both divorcees are in rough times....and if noone is ever home and people are for the most part inside, how do you stop it? I am just worried about what happens when a situation does esculate as it has before, as when there was a fight in the street at 2 AM.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I lived through a similar situation ,and the sad thing was this was a very nice neighborhood and all of the neighbors were afraid to even call the police on these people, but my husband wasn't so he went down to the police station and complained about the situation and they did come around a few times and even arrested one of them for dui,but after that they did nothing else to stopped them, so my husband went back to police and told them that he would personally go to city hall and complaint to the mayor because they weren't doing their job in protecting citizens that pay their taxes and in less than a month of police surveillance, those drug dealing idiots left and never came back

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• More often than not unless the cops witness it first hand themselves there isn't much you can do, as sad as it is.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I would video tape what is going on then I would take the tape to the police. If you don't feel safe doing that I would call them everytime you notice activity. Maybe if the police come out often enough they will dosomething about it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• well, you can't really prove it's drug related, so if they're being loud at night, why not just continue making noise complaints?
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I wouldn't complain about the cops just yet, you need them to help you, and keep you safe as well. We had a similar situation in our old neighborhood. A mother (father?) of several young kids was always smaking them around, outside even in broad daylight, and letting her toddlers run in the streets literally. My neighbor called the police when she almost his one the toddlers while driving. She told the police she has seen the mother numerously hit the kids. The police told her that unless they actually witness it themselves, there's nothing they can do. They told her to get a video camera out and get some proof. we moved about 6 months later, so i don't know what came of it.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2009