Are mom and pop stores being victimized? watch Glen todays show here!

who wants one? I do!
this is one more reason why I care!

http://glennbeckclips.com/#317

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 11:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My dad had to close his knife shop. Walmart executives came into my dads shop and tried to buy his business out and get his suppliers. My dad said no way. Well Walmart basically took over his supplier cut him off and he went under. They do this in any town where there are specialty shops. They sell the knives he was selling for only 10 cents less than my dad die but that doesn't matter. Walmart lies and says they are selling it for much less. People are stupid and believe their ads then another mom and pop that was good for the community is gone. Funny thing is they didn't need to sell the knives and I noticed they don't even carry those knives now at this store. They just want to make sure only they are successful. Over 20 small business' went under within six months of the Walmart opening. Walmart is evil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I will be watching Glenn at 11 pm. Yes, Mom and Pops are getting ripped. I know because I am a Mom and Pop(well a silent Pop)!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Uhhh...I used to not think so much about Wal-Mart, but now I realize we are giving them a monopoly. Its bad for business and the economy to let one store have all the business. Then they can jack up the prices and plunge the wages and noone can say anything about it cause they are the only place in town to work/shop. AHHHHHHHHH

Does anyone know anything about Meijer though. Its the only other 24 hr store in my hometown. In case I need to get something late at night for an emergency, where should I get it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• There are towns in No California that have banned Walmart.
    Anon- Walmart is 1 tweek away from being the only game in some towns. A monoploy, indeed.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I wonder if the government owns Walmart! LOL
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 3:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• lmao about the comment on the government owning walmart...
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 6:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2009