I NEED HELP WITH INFANT GOD DAUGHTER!!!!! ASAP

ok so I have my god kids for a few days. The baby is almost 4mnths old. Her brother is almost 4yrs old. Well, he is fine...but she just keeps crying. They have been here since about 2pm today. I tried feeding her...since I have had her she has only eaten JUST over an 8oz bottle. She JUST took the bottle for my boyfriend. I have changed her, patted her back carried her...bounced her, rocked her....everything I can think of...If I put her down it sounds like I'm murdering the poor kid...she is quiet as long as I am holding her and she is sitting up on my lap. OR I am moving...She quieted down when I put a pillow under her head..but I don't feel safe with her sleeping through the night like that. My Mother suggested trying Sugar Water...CAN ANYONE HELP ME???!!!??? I need some advice QUICK and ASAP. I was thinking maybe she had a bellyache...what do I do? I don't have kids yet...this is a nice learning experience...Please Help...

tnkrbell860

Asked by tnkrbell860 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did mom send anything like the baby gas drops? Sounds like she may be a little colicy or an extra gassy baby. Can anyone make a run to walmart or walgreens? Sometimes you just gotta keep moving with the baby, rock her, walk with her, whatever it takes. Those babies take a lot of patience. Also, you might ask mom if she is always this way??? Or if it is because she is somewhere new? Good luck.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I wouldnt giver her sugar water unless you know FOR SURE it would be OK with mom. I would be very upset if someone gave my baby sugar water. Anyway, it sounds like it could be gas. Do you have any Infant Mylcon? If not, you could have someone run to the grocery store and get some. You could also lay her on her back and pedel her legs like a bike. Sometimes that gets the intestines moving. I take it that she is not breastfed at all, is she drinking the same formula that mom has her on? Have you given her anything but formula? She could also just be missing home, too. I hope I helped a little.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Thnx...the kids come here often. usually a day or two a week. She has never been like this. Lol, she has been staying with me since she was about a week old honestly...I'm God Mommy :D I don't have any gas drops, but I can text them and see if they can pick some up and drop it off...they just live down the road. She was breastfed for a few weeks when she was born but her mom ran out of milk...she pumped so I could help take care of her too. They bring formula for her, it seems to be a different kind every time though...She also has started the baby on baby food...but she doesn't want to even try to eat it for me...Mama said that she doesn't really like it and just makes a big mess with it at home...She is asleep now...My boyfriend got her to take the bottle...she likes guys lol
    tnkrbell860

Answer by tnkrbell860 at 12:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Sounds to me that she is not ready for foods yet. She is only 4months and if she "doesnt like" foods, she shouldnt be trying to force it. Shes obviously not ready. Most Drs will say to wait untill at least six months. Changing her formula all the time cant be easy on the baby either. I would say she probably does have a belly ache with new foods and different formula on such a young tummy. Poor baby!.....But I guess they say mom knows best, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yea...she doesnt force the food...she tries it everyday to see if she wants some. But yea..they do say moms know best....i can't wait til i have my own...at least I know that i will be able to get advice if needed from cafe mom :D I love this site
    tnkrbell860

Answer by tnkrbell860 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Her stomach probably hurts because at 4 months old her digestive system is far too immature to be eating solid foods.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i dont give her solid food...i tried baby cereal once and she wanted nothing to do with it so i stick with the formula...she seems to be doing fine now..shes drinking a bottle and falling asleep :D
    tnkrbell860

Answer by tnkrbell860 at 1:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• she might be constipated my baby is acting like that because she got her formula changed, every time you change a babies formula they get constipated, it usually takes 2 weeks for them to get used to the new formula!
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 2:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• she seems to be doing fine now...i talked to mom and dad and they said she is like that when she is REALLY tired and can't fall asleep. She has just never acted like this with me yet :D
    tnkrbell860

Answer by tnkrbell860 at 7:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009