Biting and breastfeeding! Help!

My son is 8 months now and has his two top and two bottom teeth. This biting is gonna kill me! With my first he would bite when he was done eating and was looking for something new to do. Like he was playing around. That doesn't seem to be the problem now. My son bites when he latches on. Does that mean he latches on wrong? Like he is trying too hard to get a hold of it? So far that is the only time that he bites me. During feeding and when he pulls away he does fine. It is the worst when he does it in bed and I am half (okay mostly) asleep. Oh man! Getting bit on the nipple in your sleep is the worst! Anyone got any suggestions for this?

AnnaMac

Asked by AnnaMac at 12:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/325/forums/read/3504778/WHEN_BABIES_ATTACK_Or_how_to_stop_biting

Answer by gdiamante at 12:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Ugh, biting is the worst!!! My son had teeth as early as 4 months & would do it occasionally...and particularly when he was teething. I realize that at 4 & 5 months, he had no clue what was going on. By 8 months though, he was kind of aware. I used to say, "NO!" in a very firm voice and sometimes loud voice (involuntarily b/c it hurt so badly). If he did it when he got even older, after I would say no, I'd take him off the boob for a few minutes, calm myself and then let him bf again. it seemed to work because he didn't do it too many times. I'm so sorry for you though! Bititng SUCKS!!!
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 7:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yell kind of loud like ooww,take him off and say no bite,worked for me my little one only bite twice.of course she cried when i did it.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2009