Clear watery discharge at 38 weeks, is it normal?

I know discharge is very common at this point, but it has been a lot more watery and excessive today. All day long. Has anyone experienced something like this? Could it mean that labor is nearing? I'm not having tons of contractions but I am having a few.

talonsmommy09

Asked by talonsmommy09 at 12:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your OB/GYN !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Does it have an odor? Do you notice it's a heavier gush after you lie down for a bit then stand up?

What are your contractions like?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I can notice a small little gush. But I have only began to notice it tonight. It's heavier when I stand. My contractions on a scale of 1-10 I'd say are a 4. They are tolerable but uncomfortable. And they are inconsistent. There getting closer together but not close enough to call the doc. I have an appt tomorrow morning. I'm just trying to hold out best I can.
    talonsmommy09

Answer by talonsmommy09 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• And I can't really tell if it has a odor. If it does its minimal. And unnoticable.
    talonsmommy09

Answer by talonsmommy09 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• does it feel oily. If so- it could be your water breaking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I haven't payed attention but I'll check next time I pee. I'm sure it will be in the next 20m in or so. Ha.
    talonsmommy09

Answer by talonsmommy09 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Now it feels like the baby is ramming his head down there. I can feel his feet come up and push off the top of my stomach. It hurts. As of last week his was engaged at 1. I don't understand what that means. But thats what it was.
    talonsmommy09

Answer by talonsmommy09 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my first guess is water broke and is leaking instead of one huge gush, which i hear is normal. I would contact L&D
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• YOUR IN LABOR..ITS NOT A DISCHARGE ITS UR WATER BAG
    tremother23

Answer by tremother23 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Is it slippery? Like KY? if so it may be a leak in your fluid. Write down the time you first felt the fluid so you don't forget. See your OB first thing in the morning at the office or go to the hospital.
    You and your baby are at risk of infection after 24hrs of fluid leaking.
    Congratulations!
    GotteAClue

Answer by GotteAClue at 1:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009