What could this rash be?

My 21 month old son has a bumpy rash around his collar bone. It is not on his neck or chin and it doesn't seem to bother him. I first noticed it 3 days ago and have been putting lotion on it (it hasn't been helping). Have you/your kids experienced anything like this- should I call the dr?

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 12:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you switched laundry detergent, or fabric softener recently? Is the rash itchy?

I would call the pedi just to be sure. But, I would stop putting lotion on it. All the chemicals and fragrances might make it worse.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Heat rash probably
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:36 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Every time I diagnose one of my son's rashes I get it wrong. I'd just have the doc take a look. I agree with Kalebsmommee,it sounds like it could be heat rash ~ but it's better safe than sorry. Have you been using a real good heavy moisturizer? Try Aquafor or the Aveeno lotion with the dark blue cap.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would check on laundry detergent or if you have switched a certain type of clothing or soaps. Also have you tried benedryl cream. That usually worked for my kids. The reason I said clothes is because when my daughter was about 2 I tried a different kind of material and she broke out and the doctor said she was allergic to it. Alot of people dont look at clothes as being a factor, because we dont ourselves. Children, especially babies have very sensitive skin. So you have to watch everything for reactions. I have 5 kids and normaly its something different for all of them.
    lisam2966

Answer by lisam2966 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• both of my kids are very sensitive
    and we have to use AVEENO everything.

try giving him an oatmeal bath, that always helps my son reduce his redness =)
    goodluck!
    amberstevens

Answer by amberstevens at 11:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2009