5 month old teething....help!!

my 5 mo old is teething, 2 teeth already broke thru the skin but is just strating to wake during the nite, screaming his little head off. tried tylenol, baby orajel, frozen waffles, ice, etc. any ideas???????

robbinsme

Asked by robbinsme at 12:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Same as jennifercalling, my gram always used whiskey, worked for my parents, me, and now my son. Orajel just doesn't cut it. Put a q-tip in whiskey, rub it on the gums, watch the pain melt away.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 12:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Put some kind of hard liquor on his gums. Just a bit though.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 12:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• they have these baby tooth brushes that go on your finger, I used one of them and just rubbed his gums and it made him so happy, he wouldn't let me pull my finger out of him mouth, that seemed to make him feel a lot better.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• There are these tiny mesh things with plastic rings at the bottoms (they sell them at Target for a few bucks) You can put frozen fruit and veggies in them and give them to baby without having to worry about baby choking - they lock very tightly. They saved me when my son was teething. I never but liquor onto his gums. I think orajel works well- just test it out on yourself first so you know what you're kid is in for- a little bit goes a LOOONG way. Good luck.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yeah lets give a baby some whiskey... smart.

try the mesh things bloomsr is talking about they work good.. have you tried teething tablets??
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• thank you for the help ladies...i appreciate the ideas.

Momnbabygirl,
    your a little too judgemental of the other mothers. i'm sure you do things they might not. no need to be b*tchy. this website is to help each other, not judge.
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 1:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I bought some teethers and put them in the freezer till they were crunchy, not solid. My little guy loved it! Also, freeze or refrigerate a damp terrycloth washcloth. The texture and cold both help. Just wet with nursery water and wring it out really good (or your kid will get soaked).
    zqqkeeper

Answer by zqqkeeper at 10:58 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• its common sense to not give your baby liqour!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2009