What are some things you do to help build your child's self esteem?

have you thought about it? do you do something specific?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I read a lot to them to help build their vocabulary, which I think will make them more confident. We have low key family nights where we play games and just be ourselves. I always praise my children when they do well and I never get mad if they make an honest mistake.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My girls are only 2. I compliment them on everything that they do. On how they do it. I don't ever compare the 2 on things in front of them. I'll talk to their dad about how Adri does this better or Bri does that, it's NEVER in a bad way.. just general conversation,but to the girls I point out the good that they each do in things as individuals. I don't ever want them to feel like they are in competition with each other. I'm sure it will be hard enough for them being twins with trying to be themselves and not looked at as a twin by everyone. So in their lives here it is all about them as their own person. If that makes sense. It's kinda hard for me to word how I look at it.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 1:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2009