What do you think about moms who steal?

I work at wal-mart, and I saw a girl with a baby in her cart. She was shoving items in her diaper bag. She even grabbed some plastic wal-mart bags and started putting merchandise in there,as if she had already purchased it. I was unsure what to do, if I should approach her or not. I know my job says I have to, but I felt bad for the girl. And this wasn't my first time witnessing young girls shoplifting, but it was my first time seeing a mom do that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would have turned her in....the last thing her daughter needs to learn is that anyone is allowed to get alway with that crap! Not your fault her mom lacks character!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• is she stealing food or just stuff she can live without, if it's food I would not turn her in, if she is stealing useless stuff then I would turn her in.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• gotta' turn her in. there is gov. assistance availalbe for the necessities. I was at Target the other day and there was a plastic toy in one of the dollar bins without a tag on it. I didn't know if it was even sold at Target- I let my son hold it while we were in the store (I always let him play with a toy to keep him relaxed) but once we were at the checkout, I told the woman that I found the toy and that it wasn't mine.
    I want to set a good example for my kids- getting the help you need to care for your kid is the best example you can set (temporary gov. assistance if needed).
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Stealing is stealing.. Regardless of what they are stealing and why.. Baby or not..

There have been times where we have had next to no food but i'd never steal.

I would have stopped her and turned her in. Who knows, the baby could have been someone else's kid and she was just using it as a "cover" like ive seen done a few times.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Lets see, stealing is against the law, struggling or not. So yes turn her sorry ass in.
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 1:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would have busted her. I don't feel sorry for someone who choose to resort to taking what doesn't belong to them. There is no valid reason or excuse I would buy. I think moms who steal are very inconsiderate and I personally hate thieves.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would say that a Mom who steals is setting a terrible example for her child(ren).
    jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 5:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I think they should be in jail.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't care how desperate you are, there is always a better option then stealing.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2009