Does your husband/so remember your birthday?

Tomorrow I turn the big 4-0!
Tonight my husband comes home from work mad because I let the girls take the car to buy me a present. He's mad because they have the car, I get upset because I was thinking he would be okay with it.After all they were going to buy me a gift. A few hours later he said he never thought about it and didn't realize my birthday was tomorrow. He thinks I shouldn't be mad at him.. for him getting mad, about the kids having the car for a good purpose and him completely forgetting my birthday!! I'm not 36, this is a milestone day and he's a jerk about it. All the other moms I know that turned 40 this year, it was a big deal and they had a blast. My husband says to make up for his forgetting I get to go out for drinks. Which means a bar, blow $60 on beer (because he doesn't want me having anything tasty). Sorry just annoyed!!!

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Happy Birthday. I'd come with you drinking tonight if you'd want me too.

My DH remembers my birthday, but he doesn't remember to look at what day it is today. Meaning he can fill out paperwork, but he can't tell you what today's date is. So, today could be my birthday and he'd have to be reminded too.

I'm not a bear drinker, so we'd have to get something better! LOL! Maybe I'll bake and bring a cake too!
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 12:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• ooopps....it's after midnight...it is my birthday...sorry
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I understand, sort of. My husband and I are separated, but if I didn't remind him, he wouldn't remember. And get this, he disappeared for three days with another girl for THREE DAYS with NO PHONE CALL EVEN on our two year anniversary. What a sweetheart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Happy Birthday, by the way....mine was the 15th. -1st Anon Poster
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I kind of understand what you are going through. My husband and I have been together for 10 yrs and ever year my kids or his mother has to remind him of my birthday. Even with the reminders he still forgets,in ten years we have never celebrated my birthday, I don't even get a "Happy Birthday" from him, pretty much my birthday has just become yet another day, sames as Mother's Day (because I'm not his mom) and our anniversary.
    jakjasjon

Answer by jakjasjon at 1:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• he wouldnt forget....i personally would take advantage of this.

you know..."since you forgot my b-day you should make breakfast, give me a massage, draw my bath, be a complete gentlemen" LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Happy Birthday!!!

I honestly think it's pretty messed up that the person who is supposed to be your lover and friend forgot your birthday. I can honestly say that my hubby would never do that. Sure, I get it, things happen and sometimes so much is one our minds that we tend to forget those special moments- so give him a chance to explain. If he tends to make a habit out of it, well then it might be time to have a heart to heart. :)
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 1:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Happy Birthday- dont know what time zone your in so I dont know if its midnight where your at.

UMMMmmm...to answer the question, my SO wouldnt forget but if he did I would be very upset with him, maybe I would use the guilt to my advantage, maybe I would just mope around. i really dont know because I havent been there yet.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Happy Birthday!!!

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Hey thanks for making me feel better...now if I could just have aprivate jet pick you all up we could have some fun! lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2009