Is there something wrong with me.

I have been working hard trying to lose weight and toning up. I eat pretty healthy for the most part but i have my moments. But sometimes i find myself craving food usually nothing healthy and i go for it. But than halfway through chewing i realize no good and spit it out. But that has turned into toward the end of a meal i have this internal struggle that wants more and i end up spitting it in the trash. And now every once in a while i have a hard time swallowing. It is completely random when it happens but sometimes when I am eating it is like my throat is paralyzed for a sec and i feel a moment of panic because i cant swallow my food and than it disappears and i am able to force it down. I am still overweight but not obese and i am looking alot better but i still have a ways to go. But I was wondering if this chewing and spitting can turn into an eating disorder

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, it can. I am in the middle of reading a book called "Wasted" by Marya Horbacher...a memoir of bulimia and anorexia.....chewing and spitting out food IS a symptom that can lead to or is exhibited by someone who has an eating disorder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes, it is and it can become more than you can handle if you dont stop it now. Eating disorders are tricky and evil, they consume you. Get yourself back on track by eating healthy foods, dont buy the crap in the store that is going to ruin your "diet" Keep lots of fresh fruit and veggies when you want a snack. Dont be afraid to call someone for some counseling if this continues. And somewhere in your mind you have to stop fighting yourself over food, you are creating problems you arent going to want in the long run. Are you able to recognize when you are full? It takes 20 minutes for the stomach to tell the brain you are full, so only eat a normal portion and then wait to see if you are still hungry in a little while
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjk9l3vJdvE
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• OP here.... I do struggle when recognizing when I am full. I don't eat fast at all. i have three kids so during meals i am constantly getting up and taking care of them wanting more or drinks or trying to convince them to eat their veggies. it generally takes me over an hour to eat a meal because of this. So i only get a couple bites here and there so i think i end up eating more because it takes so long
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Please watch that video that sophiafarris posted. C&S is serious!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i watched it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes I would think that is definitely a habit you need to break. The best advice I can give you about that bad food, is just don't buy it. If you don't have it in your house then you won't be thinking about it as much. Like others said have good healthy food in the house. Make sure you are getting enough calories. If you don't get enough calories you will actually not lose weight. I would find out how many calories you should be consuming in a day and stick to that, by eating 5 times a day: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. If you need any help feel free to send me a pm :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 12:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2009