what would you do?

what would you do if a friend of yours was evicting a family for being behind on there taxes and water bill, but heres the painful facts,... the family has 4 kids and the dad works hard and the mom ,.. she has cancer and is dying and just had surgery!:{ I am just sooo upset for this family I don't even know right now!
I ask my so called friend,.. can't she do something else? work something out somewhere? she has money and this seems so hateful to me, I want to go help the family and she acts like she could care less! I am so mad! Tammy

Tammyjean341

Asked by Tammyjean341 at 1:30 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If anyone I knew was doing something like this they wouldn't be my friend! I'd clean the back room and move them in ... and inform hubby after the fact, like I have before. LOL.

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 2:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It is sad the selfishness over money would make someone act like this and do this to a family that obviously needs some understanding right now...
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 1:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm kind of appalled that your friend would not extend some sort of help to them during their time of need. I'm not sure what advice to give you other than try to sit down and speak with your friend. Maybe there is something that can be worked out. If the family belongs to a church, they may offer them some help as well. I feel very badly for that family. I'm not sure I could stay friends with someone who wouldn't care about that family's situation.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Maybe you could help this family out?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If you've said something to her about it, I think you're doing all you can do. Other than praying that God will change her heart. Does she go to church? Can you talk to the church about the issue and see if the pastor can reach her?
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Could you make a donation on behalf of the family? maybe help raise some money for them? Go to a church, or call, and find out if there is some sort of help for them. I wouldn't waste my time with your friend, sounds like she is "business as usual". Maybe God put you in their path so that you could help them. I know that Catholic churches offer help. Just call and explain the situation to them. Good luck, I will pray for you and them. Don't give up, k. Just try and help.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Sad as that is, it is her property to do with what she wishes. If theyre not paying her then she is stuck paying the bills on her own, she has to pay the property taxes on her own. Paying for the water which she doesnt use, so on and so forth.

Why not do something for them instead of 'hating' your so called friend for this?
    are you willing to lose a friendship over this?
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 1:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• maybe you can offer your help to the family as much as you can. it sounds like your friend does not care at all. Thats very sad and awful.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It is a difficult situation for sure. Perhaps you can ask your friend to extend time for the family and work on a local fund-raiser to help the family out.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Sadly it is happening and there is not much you can do except what you already have done.
    Also, it really is not your business to tell your friend how to do theirs. That is also sad.
    Some people just don't care.
    With the problems stemming from our own country leadership there will be more of this happening. Everyone is at each other.....nice change.
    Anyways, pray for the entire situation and once you have placed it in the Savior's hands...walk away. Pray that it be what ever He chooses and accept the outcome.
    Who knows; perhaps God has a reason. Like something better?
    I doubt that your friend has been a decent landlord and now they are having the opportunity to finally tell her good bye.
    My problem is that I don't kick people out and 2 times our houses were destroyed and we had to do the fixing at our cost.
    This is not your battle.
    Leave it at His feet for all sakes.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 2:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009