if your little girl looked like this (photo)

would you leave her be, as she's your daughter and perfect? Or groom in some way? Wax, shave, pluck? How would you do these painful things while explaining to her nothing is wrong with her and she is a lovely girl, etc? And at what age would you start the grooming? This is Madonna's (yes, the singer) daughter who has been teased by various magazines & media outlets since she was less than 5, as her hair was dark and thick even then

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• uuuhhhhhh..........ok, that's just gross. that poor child being let out of the house with caterpilars all over her face.
    my daughter was born hairy like a monkey and still is. we wax her face every 6 weeks and use nair on her legs and arms.
    next year she starts the laser treatments at the dermatologist's office, i dont care what it costs.
    oh and DD is no way even this hairy, this looks more like hirsutism and Madonna needs to cough up some money for an endocrinologist for her daughter.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• eh, kids get teased, we move on and hopefully she'll never read any of that crap and if she does she'll let it roll off her back because her mom is a fricken Icon.
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 1:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If that is the only "problem" my kids have I will thank my lucky stars!!! Most girls wax anyway so if and when she wanted to I would let her. It is sad that at 5 she had to deal with rude comments. She is BEAUTIFUL!!! And it sickens me that all people can see is facial hair!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• what if she wasnt famous though? if she was your kid, starting school next month at some random public school. would u let her go looking like that?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Look at her beautiful smile and beautiful eyes. Kids get teased. It's the way of the world. I ADMIRE this little girl for being who she is. If and when she can decide she wants to "groom", then she can. But look at her....she's gorgeous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I ask because I have *no* clue what I'd do. .. I personally hate unibrows (eww!?!?!) but we're talking about a kid... ughh... do you risk embarrassing them in the hopes of saving their social self esteem
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Of course I would let her go "looking like that"...there is NOTHING WRONG with the way she looks. Just because our society has made a woman's body imagine what it is, and made women this iconic sexual being does NOT mean that every girl should have to follow those ideals. She's a little girl. Let her be who she is. She is beautiful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would let her choose, it takes a brave girl to hold her head high when she knows she will be teased, and she also shouldnt be ashamed of who she is. If kids arent being teased for one thing they are being teased for another if that makes sense
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• that girl is gorgeous. I would leave it alone. when she is older she can make the decision to get it waxed or not, im sure her mom is not changing it because she doesnt want to make her feel insecure.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• http://images.b105.com.au/2008/04/16/10701/600x400-ENT-madonna8-600x400.jpg

Look at that girl. She's gorgeous. Leave her alone. There is NOTHING wrong with her just the way she is.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2009