Let me ask this again... stay away if you want to put down others views

Would it bother you if your child was referred to as a step brother or sister if they were in fact a blood related half sibling?

This bothers me because I have both step brothers and sisters and I would like my DD to be referred to with the proper term. I want her and my step son to know that they are more then just step siblings, they have the same father and I hope one day they will be close with each other like normal brothers and sisters are. To me the word step divides you. Either you are a brother or sister or youre not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• i agree with you.me and my sister have the same mother just different fathers.we dont look at each other as half sisters r step and my father never refers to her as his sd just his daughter.thats my blood sister no matter what.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:58 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes it would bother me. I have two older half brothers and it would definitely bother me if someone referred to them as my step brothers, or something other than my actual, blood related half siblings. We treat each other the same as regular siblings would, after all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I agree with you.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• completely agree
    mommyof20507

Answer by mommyof20507 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I agree too, sometimes it is the exs idea? maybe?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• would not bother me if that is what they actually are. I would want them to be called whatever they're. And hope that they could be close regardless of how they're related.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• "would not bother me if that is what they actually are. I would want them to be called whatever they're. And hope that they could be close regardless of how they're related."-my sentiments exactly. well said SylviaNCali.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 2:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my daughter has a half brother, and i refer to him as her half brother..now if it was me that had another child i wouldnt call that child her half bro or sis.i know double stanard, but whatever!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Get over it. He did it once. You're overreacting. It was an accident
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• okay kalebsmommee who wants to be anon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2009