How do they decide date?

I am having my third c-section in jan. the doctor mentioned at one of my visits that we would pick a day for the c-section. How do they decide the day??

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 1:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they generally give you several dates that work for them and the hospital sometime between 38 and 39 weeks.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would assume they would consider how far along you'd be at that time. That's all I can think of!
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• They try to get you as close to your due date as possible and then they look at the surgery schedule and see where they can fit you in.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 2:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• they check their schedule...
    they check the hospital's schedule...
    they pick an opening that's convenient for both somewhere near 39 wks...
    NOONE EVER ASKS THE BABY IF IT'S READY!!!
    GotteAClue

Answer by GotteAClue at 4:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Well that is kind of dumb since, my doctor knows that there is no way in hell that i will even make it to 39 weeks. especially with my history. My first two pregnancies were full term due to a lot of bed rest and shots. but my last two were early one at 24 weeks and one at 31 weeks. that is why i had to have the c-sections in the first place. so how the heck does he think that i will even make it that far is beyond me. thanks for the info ladies!!

mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009