what do you think i should do?

ok, so my daughter threw herself when we were sitting on my bed and whacked her head on my nightstand. there is not a bruise and no bleeding and she seems to be acting fine.. should i take her in to get checked just in case, or just keep an eye on her? she is 7 months old

sunshinebaby209

Asked by sunshinebaby209 at 2:00 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call the doctor or ER and see what they say...its better to be safe than sorry. Also ask them what to look for. My DD was 10 months and was trying to walk from me to a friend and fell backwards (not on her butt...her head) on a cement floor. She tried to fall asleep instantly so I called 911 and they came and looked at her eyes, I dont remember what they said to look for (so I would ask a doctor) but she was fine so she stayed home and didnt need to go to the hospital...but again better safe than sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• she hasnt tried falling asleep.. my mom said to look for ear bleeding or hematomas(she has raised too many kids!).. im gonna call her dr though
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 2:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• as long as she isnt vomitting, fussing badly or otherwise showing signs of losing conciousness, she;s fine mom.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my little one fell off our 4ft tall bed and had a big red mark on her soft spot,i called they said look for throwing up,not responding,anything unusal.she was 8months old.i was so scared.she has also fell in the tub 2 times and pulled a table on herself hermouth was bleeding and she had a huge bruise between her eyes.i watch her shes just fast.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• With that young a child, I would call a dr. or nurse line.
    I am not medically trained at all, though...
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 6:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009