if u bought a bottle of excedrin and when u took the lid off the seal was broken would u return it to the store

i was sooo bummed i went to stater bros like at ten for some head ache meds then i came home took the cap off and it was already open. wtf. my dh looked at me and ur not taking that.. and i wanted to cry my head hurt soooo bad. anywy im lucking . bc my loving husband took it back.. but i thought whats the big deal mybe some kids stole some pills.. but my dh said. yes but u never knw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Health

• YES!!!!! I would not take it, there might not be anything wrong with it but I rather be safe then sorry
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yep. Especially with medication, never use it after the safety seal is broken. Good man you have there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes, of course.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:36 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would take it back and explain what happened and say that you didn't want to return it, you just wanted to exchange it for an unopened item.

I did this once with foundation - it came in a box in a compact and when I opened the box, I saw that the safety seal had been removed and someone had tried the makeup. They said they didn't have a return policy for used makeup, but once I explained that I wasn't the one to open and use it, and I didn't want to "return" it, I wanted to exchange it for one that wasn't opened and used by a stranger. Then it wasn't a problem, they let me switch it out.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Oh, look at it this way, yes, it might have been some kids or someone who was broke and desperate that opened it and took some, but then again, it could be some sicko who put something in there on the meds, whose hoping that's what you'll think (the whole just some kids theory, that is).
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yes i would take it back and just say i got home and noticed that the seal was already broken, do you mind if I exchange this for another one?
    they wont mind im sure...LOL

My SO once took back cosmetic facial pads because when liquid touched them they fell apart, I personally would have bought new ones but he takes anything back if its not satisfactory so oh well. sorry added my own personal story
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yes take them back, not only for your personal safety but hte store needs to be awae that someone may be tampering with their products.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• kids opening it...could have laced it with something else other than excedrin...
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 7:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2009