Do you have “Baracknophobia” ?

This is a really good read. I have to agree with this quote.

"They want Obama to become a personal object of hatred. The American left does not want any discussion about the issues because that would mean being forced to defend them. Easier to just brush off any opposition as that of hatemongers and lunatics."

Don't hate on my copy paste skills, it took a lot of practice. lol!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• That's a good read.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• liked it too and I do want to point out that it is does seem alot of times when conservatives or whoever are against the healthcare bill or whatever else and ask very valid questions they mostly go unanswered.For instance "How will we pay for this public option?"
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• * tnmomofive
    ________
    It is because they have no answers. They are flying by the seat of their pants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Another good one "Why so many czars?"
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I disagree. The right does want to hate him. If they were forced to discuss his policies, they might be forced to come up with some solutions. The right in our leadership does not want a number of the reforms that the pres is pushing. Not so sure the left in leadership does also.....this is not just commentary on the right leadership.

And while a point is made that at times, good questions are asked, I see just as many people on the right who want to hear NO good from Obama, no matter what. It does not matter what he does, it will not be good, and will be tied to his arrogance, his socialist ideals, his desire to take over the country, whatever.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 3:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Some solutions...health insurance...1 tort reform...2.allowing insurance companies to sell polocies across state lines...3 send illegals back home....4 work on fixing the problems within the already govy ran insurance programs.

I get tired of hearing there are no ideas for solutions being proposed...and that still does not make it "ok" to just spend money we do not even have.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Tort reforn is not going to make as big a diff as so many think. If you think malpractice is the reason the rates are where they are.....no. Across state lines, I see an ins version of walmart - gobble up the smaller guys, and make choice actually more difficult. I see a lot more problems with opening things up for ins cos....they haven't exactly proved themselfves trustworthy up to now.

Fixing the programs we have...well, there is merit in that. I will give you that. Sending the illegals back home? Absolutely, I totally agree. YOu are not here as a citizen, or legally, then too bad. Get the hell out. Come in the right way. Take your anchor baby with you. You knew the risks when you illegally entered this country.

The two big solutions you propose are not really the overhaul I think we need. I am lucky, have great ins - but I know a LOT of people who pay a lot for crappy ins, and are lucky to have even that.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 3:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• To further the idea of malpractice being the main reason ins is so exp - have you seen the cost of equipment? My dentist has this awesome machine for making crowns in-house. In the long run, it saves him time with his crown patients. But the initial cost of the machine was 160k, and that does not include the training that he and 3 assts had to get on it. It's nifty as shit, and certainly cut out my time for getting a permanent crown - but 160k???

That might have something to do with the fees he charges. And his massage chairs - again, I like them, but I know it adds to his overhead.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 3:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• * LiliM
    I think another reason people pay so much when going to a doctor is they don't shop around. I know it sounds funny shopping around for a doctor, but think about it.
    I went to a cosmetic dentist be cause it was closer to my job so I could get a cleaning during a lunch hour. I paid way more out of pocket there. Then I went to a different dentist 6 months later for another cleaning and payed a good portion less. My ins company chalked the high cost for one and not the other because one specialized in making teeth pretty instead of just preserving them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2009