What do you say when your friend has an ugly baby?

Do you tell her? This baby is not goodlooking at all.
The Mom, your friend, is totally gorgeous-tall, hot body, blonde and her husband is homely and balding. And sadly, the baby looks like Daddy.

I personally always compliment her cute clothes or hairbows. I just cannot lie! I am afraid she will be able to tell!!
BTW, I am not the only one. Lots of people at our work share the same thought.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• her baby is cute her her eyes im sure. if she asks you can just say, he takes after his dad...then you wont be lying or saying the baby is ugly, at least not directly

Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would keep my thoughts to myself, let mommy enjoy her baby
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:01 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I also agree with Dom123123 thats a good way going about it
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Every newborn is precious. Precious does not describe the looks at all.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would say "aww look at that face!" and smile. If she ever asked I would act like shes wrong for asking and say something like "all babies are beautiful, how could you even think otherwise?" lol
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 3:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• That's nice that all of you at work are saying things about her baby behind her back..
    I for one do not think that all babies are cute at all. I don't say anything about them though. What's the point? It's going to hurt someone's feeling no matter what, and it's not like they can change it. You would be upset if your friend told you that your baby is ugly. I don't care what you say. Even if you weren't mad, you would be somewhat hurt at least. I know that I wouldn't even bring my baby around that person anymore. Obviously, I say keep your thoughts to yourself. Yourself.. not your co workers either. That is so wrong on so many levels. I may sound upset, but I'm smiling lol.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 3:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my baby was soooo ugly and i knew it there for i never asked. if you dont want to know dont ask has been the way i go. i avoid telling people how i feel so i try saying stuff like nice dress or isnt your hair cute? or you look just like your daddy. leave it at that. unless she straight up asks, find away out and if all else fails do what your heart says mine says...say it as it is. my sister in law asked me if my neice was ugly and i studdered for awhile then said yep but she'll grow out of it. and she did!!
    babylovin

Answer by babylovin at 7:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Why on Earth would you ever consider telling someone that they have an ugly baby? I think the one thing that we all agree on here at CM is that you don't talk smack about other people's children. It is simply crossing the line.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I've seen ugly babies before and I usually say how sweet or precious they are.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 8:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• no dont tell her that,that would be very mean,just point out other things about her baby,like ( wow shes strong)or shes smart.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2009