does anyone take prozac for aniexty depression... mood swings..has it helped u... or mADEd it worse.. thank u!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Health

• My doctor put me on Prozac when I was 18...it made me want to kill myself. If you're on antidepressants and you feel MORE depressed, get a hold of your doctor ASAP!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Prozac helped me after many others didn't. With any antidepressant you have to be on alert for severe changes in your feelings and behaviour. If you are feeling worse, call your doc ASAP, but whatever you do, don't stop taking your meds cold turkey, this could make the situation even worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My dh is on prozec and has been for nearly 15 years, I notice the difference when he's been out a few days, due to mail order (never violent only depressed), he would not stop for the world, he said it saved his sanity and I don't doubt that, but if you do take it and it does not help your depression, get with your doctor immediatly, there may be other issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It made me more agitated and every small thing my dh said or did i'd verbally attack him and i got po was too fast too much and i'd smack dh in the arm for just looking at me and I would holler at the kids for stupid stuff so I stopped and told dr find me something else or i'll do without..
    Prozac was not my happy pill
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It made me very anxious, agitated and angry. I was so angry at everyone and snapped at everyone in my home. I yelled a lot. I couldnt cry at all. I wasnt happy , I wasnt sad, I wasnt anything. I felt like I didnt exist anymore. It was awful. I went off of it almost cold turkey and within 3 days I was laying on the floor sobbing. It felt good to actually be able to cry. I decided from then on, I would just deal with my emotions however bad they were. I wasnt suicidal or anything, just depressed about life. I decided that I would rather feel happy SOME of the time, then to feel nothing all of the time. I also decided that feeling a bit depressed sometimes was worth it too. I havent touched an AD since. There are moments that I think I need one, but I just press through. I know thats not an option for everyone but I simply could not handle the way that crap made me feel.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:55 AM on Aug. 18, 2009