my ds whom is two kicks me everytime i change his diaper

i admit it.. and YES and you know what i should FEEL horrible and i do dont worry .. the other day i snapped and spanked his bottom thigh and said no. when my two yr kicked me during a diaper change.. . of course he cried... i really am not a fan of spanking... im mad at myself for letting his stress get to me... and now to make it worse.. when i change him he smacks his own legs..and says no.. even when he doing nothing wrong. yes much a reinforcement spanking doesnt work.. what to do when a toddler kicks u during diaper changes.. btw im done with spanking. him hitting himself was not the objective just didnt want to be kicked.. please only kind responses

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• its funny how kids mimmick what parents do...LOL Im sorry your probably really upset but it reminds me of a woman who said she put her son on a kid leash and in the middle of the aisle he got on all fours and started barking...LOL

I would see if he is ready for the big boy potty

I would also put him on a 2 minute timeout right after. I used to have guardianship over my cousin and his mom gave him the awful habit of hitting and everytime it happened I told him how wrong it was etc. and put him on time out for 3 minutes.

one minnute per year of age
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2009