IS 102.7 TOO HIGH OF A TEMP FOR AN 8 MOS OLD POSSIBLY CUTTING TEETH?

my ds is acting normal a little less playful and has not cut any teeth yet...his rectal temp is 102.7 what do you think i should do could it be from teething and how high is too high rectally

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's fine. Babies can handle a higher temp than an adult. Motrin.... if necessary you can do the Motrin/Tylenol mix.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It is high if i was you i would take him to an good night pediactrics or to the hosp or take him a cold bath .. Have you gave him medicince so it can go down..?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes, I think it's too high for teething. I also think that when a temp is taken rectally, it is 1 degree higher then with an ear or orally. I wouldn't worry much about it if your child is acting normally or if other symptoms occur. GL
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yes gave him tylonol going to check his temp now again thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Kids don't get fevers with teething. they get fevers with viruses. At 102 there is no need to go to the hospital or ER and risk exposing him to other illnesses! If it gets close to 104, then call the doctor.l
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009