Would you still be with a man that always threatens you for a divorce?

would you feel bad for your child giving him a divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• No I would be out of that marriage the first time he wanted a divorce. How is it better for the child to have miserable parents?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No. WTF?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• if my df threatened me with divorce then thats exactley what he would get...i wouldn't feel bad for my child because no child deserves to live in a house that is full of tension and bad feeling. kids pick on it very quickly and often think that they are the reason for thetension
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 7:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I called his bluff and it turns out that all the times I was supposedly the problem, it turns out that is was him. After the divorce date was set, he decided to change and doesn't use 'divorce' as a way to make me fall into line.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't think divorce should ever be mentioned in a marriage. It is not something to play around with. In premarital counseling (which I think should be mandated), the therapist told my husband and me to never use the word divorce when we were arguing, because the more you say it, the more you get used to the idea.
    I wouldn't end a marriage over it. But what's more serious are the issues that get you to that point. You need to sit down with your husband and figure out what the problem is. If you want to save your marriage, I would ask him not to use that as a threat anymore because you don't want to lose him.

Answer by missanc at 8:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No.. DH and I have been together for 7 years.. and NEVER have either one of us threatened to leave/divorce.

And IF we DID decide to part ways, I wouldn't feel bad for my son. He still has TWO parents. That will never change.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009