If your husband is mean to you and calls you a badword what would you do to get back at him?

Because I decided to take the ipod I bought for him away when he calls me badwords and he tells me that thats the most valueable thing to him and that he wants a divorce but I dont think its right for him to keep it if he wants a divorce then he threatens me to take my computre even though he didnt purchase it, I would of given him a divorce a longtime ago but I havent yet because of my child, since I had divorced parents I know what it feels like and for me it was horrible seeing my parents apart. So what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• No offense, but how is having divorced parents worse than having two parents that argue and call each other names and take each other's things all because they stayed married and are miserable? My husband never calls me names - ever. And we never take each other's things like revenge-seeking children either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You guys both sound VERY immature. Taking away his Ipod for punishment? How old is he 4?? Get a divorce. BOTH of you have issues that need to be fixed before ever considering another relationship
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Stop acting like a child, first of all.

No, it isn't right for your husband to call you names and treat you like crap, but taking things away from him out of spite is just plain immature.

You could try talking to him like a rational adult. If you guys aren't happy and are fighting constantly, that's actually worse for your kid to see than the two of you split up.

Either work it out on your own, go to couple's counseling, or get a divorce. But DON'T stick around and duke it out like little kids on the play ground. You're the parents - set a good example for your child.
    jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 5:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Everyone was has it right... so what they said.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 7:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I agree with everyone above. Stop being childish.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 7:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• First you need to step up and apologize and give him his Ipod back. This is a very immature thing to do...you should not treat your spouse like a child, even if they act like it at times. Take this opportunity to make some changes...and don't have expectations....they lead to disappointments! Just love, honor, and respect him...allow change in your heart. We tend to hurt the ones we love the most.

If you had been standing in line at the grocery store and a woman was mean and rude would you take something that was hers...I don't think so...remember to treat others the way you want to be treated!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• This honestly sounds like two little children fighting over a toy. You are his wife, not his mother. Taking away a toy because he called you a bad word? Getting back at your husband? I think you both have some growing up to do, and divorce is not the answer. Your problem is yourselves and not each other, so if you divorce, you will still have the same problems, so stay together and learn how to work these things out in a mature, grown-up way. You may need some help since you did not have the example growing up, but that doesn't mean your home has to be a mess of confusion. There is help available and you should look for some. Look around you for an older woman who has a good marriage and ask her if she would be willing to teach you how to have that for your children. It could be a neighbor or someone in your church or maybe an aunt, anyone who knows how to behave in marriage and would be willing to teach you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You gave him a gift and you got your panties in a wad and took it back? You are immature. The computer is marital property unless you bought it before the marriage so he can take it if you take something else of similar value. As for getting back at him, that's childish. You caused him to get angry and say the bad word. He even told you it was valuable to him and you were like a mom from hell and took it away. He has a mom. Act like a wife
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• ditto what they all said. sorry, but its true... this is no way a relationship shoul be (well an adult relation ship anyway).
    NewTakeOnLife09

Answer by NewTakeOnLife09 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2009