DO YOU PUT GOD ABOVE YOUR CHILDREN?

I CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY A PARENT WOULD PUT THEIR KIDS ABOVE ANYTHING ELSE. IS THIS REALLY WHAT HE WOULD WANT? WOULD GOD BE SO SELFISH AS TO WANT US TO DO THIS? I PERSONALLY DO NOT BELEIVE SO, DO YOU?

Asked by older at 7:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • WILDFLOWERGAL, THE THOUGHT OF YOU PREACHING ABOUT GOD MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE!!!!!!

Answer by older at 10:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'm not sure what you mean by putting God above children. In what way would someone do that?

Aeterna

Answer by Aeterna at 7:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• WELL, CHRISTIAN BELEIVE THAT GOD IS ABOVE EVERYTHING AND ANYONE ELSE, SOME OF THEM WOULD TURN THEIR BACK ON THEIR KIDS IF THEY BELEIVE THEM TO LIVE IN SIN,

Answer by older at 7:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

----------------------------------------------

That wouldn't be putting God first,then. I wouldn't turn my back on my children because of the way they live their lives. God has never done that to me. Putting God first means loving without an "if".
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My children are my first and foremost priority. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No, my kids come first and they always will.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Absolutely not. A while back I asked if people would die for their beliefs. I said no because my family need me. All those that said yes, I guess they put themselves before the family that need them.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My children will ALWAYS come first...before anything and anyone. That's just how it is and how it always will be.
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 7:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My kids are first in ALL areas of my life. I might be a Christian, but I refuse to NOT make my children my number one priority. I would lay my life down for them before I would for anyone else. Not a popular view among the masses, I know. But that's how I feel and believe.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 7:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Well, I am a Christian. God is very important to me, everything really. But I don't see that there is anyway that my love for God would make me neglect them in anyway. I wouldn't turn my back on them if they did anything. I wouldn't leave them to become a nun or missionary or anything....that's all I can think of that would be neglecting my kids for my faith. I guess people who spend too much time with church ministries, but don't spend enough time with their own kids perhaps? IDK, I see raising my kids to be good people as a service to God, so I wouldn't neglect them for some other ministry in the church. Is that what you mean?

Aeterna

Answer by Aeterna at 7:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2009