How do I get my 6 yr old son to stay in his bed at night? He wakes up so many times.

He wants to be with someone at night. He falls asleep and then constantly wakes up. I worry because he also screams or talks loudly and can wake his brothers up.
HELP

boop4795

Asked by boop4795 at 7:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Put a small but noisy fan in his brothers room, this will help to drown out the noise as well as give a constant white noise to help make the noise easier to sleep through. Is the 6 yr. old screaming and talking while awake? Does he do this to get you to come to him? I would calmly explain to your son well before bed and then just before, that he is to sleep in in his bed and that mommy is not going to come in, unless he is hurt, because he is to sleep by himself. Maybe get him a sleep buddy to sleep with The first night is going to be bad, he is going to test you. Stick it out and he will get the message. Good luck
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Sounds like my 4 year old. I found that soft classical music helps him to stay asleep better and when he does wake up it helps him to fall back asleep. When he comes into my room I let him sleep with me. No big deal. I dont want him to attach sleeping alone with fear. Good luck :)
    verygina

Answer by verygina at 11:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2009