Is it horrible that I don't give my son exclusively organic food?

I was hanging out with a friend yesterday and she was talking about all of the organic food that she gives her daughter. I ended up feeling like the worst mother ever because I give my son Stop & Shop cheese and frozen french toast sticks. I also don't buy organic milk or eggs. Is that really awful?? (my son is 12 months)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, that's what I was raised on...no organic here and the voices in my head tell me I'm fine. Kidding. As long as your child is healthy and happy, you can save a few bucks by not going organic. If you have the money, then go for it, otherwise, there are more important things to worry about.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No. Nothing horrible about it. Your child is eating. THAT is what's important.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I didn't grow up on organic nor will I feed my kids organic. It's more expensive. If your friend can afford it then good for her. If you don't feel comfortable doing that then don't worry about it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• lol jade.. ya my DD is 8 months old and yea we have organic but trust me more UN organic then organic lol
    mama2myAna

Answer by mama2myAna at 8:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You are NOT a bad mommy at all!!! I believe if you feed your children healthy, balanced food most of the time you are doing you job! Organic food is overpriced in my oppinion. I admit i do buy some friut and veggies that are organic, but only when i can afford to. My oldest son's fav. foods are mac&cheese, chicen nuggets and pizza. My two youngest sons,however, eat veggies and friuts of any kind. Don't feel like you HAVE to feed your children only organic foods. We all survived before it was popular and were judged about organic foods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Organic is a new thing to me. I did not raise my kids on organic food. It is to expensive.

Answer by louise2 at 8:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• That whole organic fad is a ploy just to get more money from consumers. As long as your kids are getting proper nutrition and a balanced diet, then that is the only thing that is important.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 8:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• OP here ~

Thanks guys for your support!

I just want to clarify that the friend was NOT bragging or trying to make me feel bad. We were just talking. She is a really sweet and down to Earth person and would never judge others like that. I was just feeling bad that I wasn't doing the same thing. I don't want it to come out like she was being rude or anything like that. It was just "mom talk."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• no!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• NO
    LOL none of my babies eat that stuff.
    YOur just fine. :)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2009