to the married cristian woman,is it possible

to be married to someone that is not for you ????Will the lord seperate you of that man???Im currently seperated and asking God to restore my marriage,can it be that my husband isnt the one God wants me to be with ?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• This is such a good/tough question. I've been a christian for over 11 years now, married 5 of those 11. I was so lonely and so desperate for a husband that I think I married out of that desperation. My husband wouldn't work or support me or his daughter. I ended up leaving him. Now, if he had WANTED to change I belive God would have restored our marriage, because the bible says God hates divorce. Can you elaborate on the situation a little more?
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 8:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Couple of questions; are both you and your husband Christians? Who has the most sincere walk with God? Did you leave or did he leave? I ask because these are things that are telling and without knowing the answers to these questions - I don't think anyone can counsel you about this.

Of course, "it could be" any number of things - no one, except God is going to be able to answer that last question.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm not sure of the exact circumstances, so I'll answer as I'm led. I don't believe that God wants you to be with someone that abuses you. I think that the Lord can separate you from a man that is getting in the way of your relationship with Him, although that doesn't mean that divorce is right for you. It could be that the man you are married to is not the man God had intended for you, but I don't believe that He would condone divorce to get you with the right man.
    That being said - I divorced my ex. Do I think it's right? I'm not really sure how I feel about divorce, but I've struggled with it. That's about as clear as I can be on what I think - but that's all it is.

Answer by missanc at 8:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• im sorry im not a cristian but my family is and im a believer just not saved.My husband cheated and he left me with 2 kids.I pray everyday that God restores my marriage.God is the only one that can change hearts and make the impossible to me possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• The Bible says that nothing is impossible with God, and I believe that with all my heart. The one thing that God will not do is force His will on anyone. His will must be chosen, but God has His ways of arranging circumstances so that people see their need of Him. Also, God's promises are to His children and are not for everyone who wants to claim them. The Bible itself is written to believers, so I think that is where you should start--by becoming a member of the family of God--not just for the restoration of your marriage because of the companionship, comfort and encouragement you will receive from the Lord Himself and because of your destination for all eternity. God does not see separation as being the same as divorce. Divorce is permanent. Separation is temporary and can and should be used for a tool of restoration. I might separate from my husband for abuse, but divorce would have to be because he got it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:00 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Many years ago I read a book by a Christian author that said just that, God has someone else in mind for you so let go and let God provide you with the person God wants for your life.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• p.s.I don't know if your husband is a Christian but if not, remember the part where God says to not be unequally yoked.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2009