ok asked night group asking morning crew about diaper size :)

last nite i asked my DD is 8 months old 30 inches tall and 17/18lbs my friends DD is a day older 27inches and 22lbs yets wears size 3 diapers and my DD wears size 4.. why is that? or am i just buying huge diapers lol i've always overlapped the tabs idk if i need to but i have been

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You may be buying bigger diapers than needed. But since your daughter is also 3 inches taller than she may just be in size 4. Try to order a free sample from huggies or pampers in size 3. Then you wont have to worry about buying a whole package of diapers that may or may not fit her.
    BelloItaliano

Answer by BelloItaliano at 8:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I answered you question last night, I said maybe your friend is just trying to save money. You get more diapers in the smaller sizes. But in your question this morning, you mentioned that you overlap the tabs.....so I'd suggest you go to a size 3 so you can get a few more diapers for your money!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• some people sqeez smaller diapars on there babies becouse u get more for the price with smaller sizes.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i've always bought diapers as well that i end up overlapping tabs. but my son has chunky legs, and if i didnt move up sooner, it seems to irritate him, kinda cuttin in to his chunks haha....he's been in size 3 for a while now. but i think he's startin to get taller, so we can stay put for a while. but your DD is also a coulple inches taller than mine. but keep in mind babies may way more/less than others, but it just depends on how their body is built. no worries you're the mom and if you dont have too many blow outs, id say you're doin just fine!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• borrow a diaper from your friend and see how it fits your baby, you might be able to go down a size
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It's not just weight and height...it's body build. Chunky legs make a difference, pot belly makes a difference....

You buy bigger diapers because it works for you. The tabs don't need to overlap, but there isn't a problem doing it.

At 8 months mine were each in a size 6 so......*shrugs*
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My daughter is small, and according to her weight she is supposed to be in a size 2. However, she kept having blow outs in the size 2, so a friend suggested put her in a bigger size to prevent the blow-outs. So we recently switched to size 3, and they're a little big, the tabs touch each other when I put the diaper on her, but she hasn't had a blow out yet :-)
    So, be thankful you've been putting your baby in a bigger size. I don't think the size really matters as long as the diapers are doing what they're supposed to
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 9:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009