Im pregnant with my 2nd child what good books are out there?

I already have What to expect when your expecting (third edition) and What to expect the first year (2nd edition).
Should I get the newer editions of those books? My daughter is only 1.5 years old so it hasnt been that long. But is there new information in the new editions?

Is there a book out there about having a 2nd baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The book I've read for my first and second pregnancy is Your Week By Week Pregnancy. I got it at Meijers or Walmart a long time ago.
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 8:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm a clueless, first-time mom - so I read a lot! I've really enjoyed Baby 411 (there is also Toddler 411), The Happiest Baby on the Block (I watched the DVD), and also the Ferber book and Weissbuth book on sleep. I'm not sure how much info has changed in the "What to Expect" books.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I also have Your Pregnancy Week by Week, got it for my second pregnancy, and I really prefer that to the What to Expect books. And I think CafeMom is the best place to go for info on dealing with 2 kids. There's nothing like personal experiences. :-)

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I really enjoyed reading Pregnancy Pure and Simple by Tracy Hotchner (not sure of the spelling) It had a week by week guide and lots of good information that was easily accessible. :)

There are also so many online source.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 11:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Great Expectations is awesome. Also, the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy is also wonderful. I purchased my on Amazon, used. I think I paid $8 for both of them...
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 11:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Good question! I have been out looking for a book on second pregnancy and have yet to come across any..guess i'll stick with my what to expect books!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009