Now that your child is 1 year or more, does your cesarean scar ever bother you?

Sometimes mine is really sensitive. It's weird because it didn't bother me for the first 10 months or so, but then it started getting sensitive at times. I think it may be the heat, but I'm not really sure.

Does yours ever hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is two and im preggo but mine hurts now cause my baby is head down, but it hurt with the heat too.....i mean it felt like it was scratched but other than that it never really hurt
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yeah, I guess I mean that it's more of a discomfort than real pain. I mean I'm not going to rush off to the doctor over it or anything. It's just sensitive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Mine doesn't hurt, it's numb still in one area - my son is 9 months and I'm assuming that the feeling there is just gone.

Answer by missanc at 8:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Mine still gets itchy at times like it is still healing and my daughter is 16 months old.
    lisam2966

Answer by lisam2966 at 9:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My little girl just turned two years old and mine still hurts every now and then I'll get a little twang of pain every now and then. more so when Im on my period for some reason. be really careful though. my sister had one and her son is 3 1/2 and she bent down too fast and she tore hers a little so be careful. i guess everyone heals differently
    allcarasluv

Answer by allcarasluv at 9:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My son is 19 months and mine does not bother me.

I got an infection at the site when my son was 3 months old and had to be cut open in 2 spots alond the original incision, but it doesn't buther me now.
    WyattsMomma7

Answer by WyattsMomma7 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My c-section was 12 years ago. It still itches some. It was numb for years. Then it hurt and itched like crazy. I was told that it was caused by the nerved endings were healing. It takes years for the severed nerve endings to heal. When I was pregnant with my second, the c section scar got badly infected and had to be drained several times and had to take antibiotics.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 9:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Mine still bothers me. It will itch really bad and when I scratch it . . it feels like I'm scratching someone else. It's weird. Mine is keloided and almost purple .... I hate it. Some people say that their scars are just little white lines..... jealous of those ladies.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I had my C-section in June of '07. Summer of '08 it started hurting and itching a bit, but I think it was the heat and the sweat, because I started putting a washcloth in that crease again like I did when I first had it, and it stopped hurting almost immediately. I haven't had any problems this summer.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Makes me feel a lot better. My twins are almost 2. I didn't have a c-section with my first two so I had no clue what to expect. Mine still hurts on occasion and is still numb in spots and yep, get the itching too.
    MomTTJS

Answer by MomTTJS at 12:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2009