What are your basic Christian beliefs?

There seem to be many branches of Christianity, however, at the end of the day we all love Jesus.

What is the main beliefs of your religion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe God created the world and everything in it in 7 days, I believe Jesus Christ was born by a virgin and died on the cross for my sins, and I believe that if I ask I will receive. Prayer works miracles, the laying on of hands heals the sick and God is with me everywhere I go. Speaking in tongues is a powerful gift, as well as translation of the tongues, prophesy and discernment are also powerful. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that God is with me, I've seen His work in my life too many times.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i'll copy it from our website
    ======
    Every LIFE is created by God and is of infinite worth.
    Mark 8:36

God has a unique purpose for every LIFE.
    Psalms 139:13-16 and Ephesians 2:10

God desires a transformed LIFE lived in relationship with Jesus.
    Romans 12:2

Every LIFE is to have an impact on other LIVES for the Kingdom of God.
    Matthew 28:19-20
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i believe in creation by God, the Holy Trinity, that God became flesh and lived among us as Christ, was crucified/died/buried/resurrected then ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of God the Father. i believe in forgiveness of sins, and that i am a child of God who will inherit eternal life because i have repented and accepted Jesus as my Savior. I believe repentence of sins and acceptance of Christ is the only way to the Father, and the only thing necessary for eternal life. i don't believe 'works' will get you anywhere salvation-wise, although its a 'pay it forward' kind of thing. i believe baptism and communion are symbolic, necessary as a show of faith to the church, but again, not necessary for salvation. i believe i have direct access to God through prayer, and only He can forgive/protect, not man/priests/saints. i believe the bible to be the INSPIRED words of God, unless direct quotes from JC.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Amen! At the end of the day, we all love Jesus :-)

If you want to know what my denomination believes, here is a basic overview:
    http://www.pcusa.org/101/101-theology.htm

I'm Presbyterian (PCUSA)

Some of the views that I think set us apart are Election and Predestination as well as all of our pastors must graduate from seminary as ordained ministers to preach from the pulpit.

Those are the main beliefs of my denomination.

As for my personal beliefs, I have my own statement of faith that I've typed and keep with me in my Bible. I could share it but I doubt anyone wants to read it lol; it's very long.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Our church teaches predestination and election as well, but our preachers do not attend seminaries because they are run by people and people are subject to ego and greed. Not to denigrate the Presbyterians. Our posts just happen to be consecutive.
    Basically, we do not hold that belief is possible before regeneration by the Holy Spirit. We believe that those who do not believe are spiritually dead and as such can not perform spiritually based actions. Belief is a work and we are not saved by works. Once we are regenerated (born again) we believe because God has revealed his love for us and made us to see that we need him to save us (conviction). That does not lead to salvation (asking Jesus to save us) it is a result of salvation already being a fact. He accepts us, we don't accept Him.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 8:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and of Earth.
    I believe in Jesus Christ, His only son, Our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under pontius pilot, was crucified, died and buried. On the third day He rose again and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From there he shall come forth to judge the living and the dead.
    I believe in the Holy Spirit,
    the Holy Catholic Church,
    the communion of Saints,
    the forgiveness of sins,
    the resurection of the body,
    and life everlasting.
    That about sums it up. =)
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2009