If someone says that they are "proud to be white" would you think they are racist?

This lil message has gotten popular via email. I added a link from snopes.com, because the email I got suggests that Kramer from Seinfeld said this. But he didn't. It was actually written by someone else, just wanted to make that clear & not start rumors. Anyway, if you have a chance to read, please share your opinion, & i will mine.

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 8:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am proud of the things I accomplish in this world. I did nothing to become white and had to overcome nothing in my daily life because I am white. So no, pride and whiteness have nothing to do with each other for me

I'm proud that my kids are smart and well behaved, I'm proud because of where I came from and how far I've gotten.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Im proud to be white.
    If anyone calls me those names I look at them and tell them they are ignorant racist pigs.
    Whites are not the only ones that are racist
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:01 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i agree with mrs. owen
    armywife142

Answer by armywife142 at 9:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm proud to be white and I'm proud of my Native American history too.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I've also gotten that email, not saying it was from Richards, but just as a forward. Its true though. I've said I'm proud of who I am on here, and yes have been called a racist. Someones answer was only those who say that are klan, skinheads, etc. That only those ppl do bad things, and that someone who says they're proud should do something good and prove themselves basically. I find that extrememly frustrating. Im proud of who I am, who my family is, and who my children are. Why is that so bad? I've never done a hateful, mean thing in my life just bc i'm proud of being white. (my family is german, scottish, english decent). And no matter who wrote that email, its true. Theres no way someone could start a white only college, it wouldnt amount to anything more than a thought, b4 being shut down. And in no way do i think others shouldnt be proud. But why cant we?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I am proud of my heritage (German, Irish) I am proud of my ancestors and their amazing struggles they endured establish themselves as Americans (especially my Irish Heritage). But I don't usually reference it to being proud of being White.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm proud of who and what I am and being White is one of those factors.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with someone being proud of their race and/or heritage. And no, I don't think that is grounds for calling them racist!
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• The point that the e-mail forgets is that the white race is in power so all history and such is "white". I do believe that other races do have some things harder in some situations, but wide spread(country wide) racism is gone. I do not believe that the majority of US citizen are not racist. To that belief I do think that some, NOT ALL, persons that are not white, do use it as a crutch to hold themselves back or expect something for nothing. Let me make this clear, not all do this just like not all white people are not racist. ANd I have no problem with people believing in them selves and being proud of who they are, but race is not the only defining factor in that.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2009