Omg!!

Okay so I had a question..have any of you had your baby roll off of something? Or crawl? Well my lil guy (8 months old) sleeps with us, i know everybody says its a bad thing but yea, anyways my husband n i woke up the morning cuz he had rolled or crawled off our cal. king size bed. What would you have done? Call the er? The drop wasnt that far cuz its in a water bed frame with one matress.. He cried for like five seconds. He had no red mark, n was happy n playing like a few mins later..I ask this on here cuz i feel really bad bout him falling off, i wanted to hear other stories as well. I didnt call the er cuz everything seemed fine n still does..n really scared, but would u have called?

mommie_to_be08

Asked by mommie_to_be08 at 9:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nahh, kids are tough and it happens. My daughter went head first off the guest bed. When I turned around she was headed to wards the wall but when I turned back she had turned around and was fall off the bed. She wasn't happy after that, but did learn her lesson. ... for a short time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Our DD fell of the bed once - I wasn't there though I was in the shower - her daddy was looking after her, he cried more than she did (no joke.)

Theres nothing wrong with having your bub in the big bed, don't let anyone say otherwise.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 9:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No I wouldn't have called unless he really seemed hurt. Our kids have fallen off the bed and we don't cosleep, it just happens sometimes, unless you never put them up there at all. And even then they will fall off something eventually.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• with how much my kid hits her head and what not and crys from starting to stand/walk.. i wonder how she will have any brain cells left for later on
    mama2myAna

Answer by mama2myAna at 9:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Thanx!! you guys make me feel better lol, I did wait a lil bit befor I had him go back to sleep (cuz thats wat ppl have said befor, when u hit ur head not to lay down right afterwards) n I gave him some tynole cuz I thought maybe he had a headach, cuz I knew I would have..haha
    mommie_to_be08

Answer by mommie_to_be08 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My oldest is 19mo and He falls off everything or he just plain hits his head on things...If I went running to the ER every time I would live there! and boys are very daring so im sure you will have many more times in your future. If they act really sleepy, or cry alot in pain or start throwing up and dont stop(more than 3 times), or they cant keep their balance as well as before or if one pupil is bigger than the other or hold their head alot or just aren't acting like them selves that is when there is a cause for concern. And if you just dont know then by all means take him in or call the doctor. Its always better to be safe than sorry. I am a Nurse so I know what to look for but have still takin my son in when I just wasn't sure. Hope this helps=)
    Mamaof2boys1802

Answer by Mamaof2boys1802 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My husband fell asleep on the couch with our youngest when he was 5 days old and the baby slipped out from under his hand. The only reason we went to the ER was because he was so little. My poor hubby was shaking and felt absolutely awful, but the baby was fine. He cried right away and didn't have so much as a bruise. We just weren't sure how he'd landed, so we just took him to be sure. All three of our boys have at one point or another fallen off of a bed as infants. It happens. If you're worried about it happening again, take a first aid course, so you know how to check for injuries and what to do...
    zqqkeeper

Answer by zqqkeeper at 10:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Emi has fallen off the bed twice. I didn't call the ER, I just watched her. It scared her more than hurt her both time.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i decided to just sit the play pen up in the bedroom lol right beside our bed :) n ty guys for making me feel better :)
    mommie_to_be08

Answer by mommie_to_be08 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• o yea we do have a crib but its in the babys room lol but i guess we r just lazy lol its much easier if he is right there if he wakes up
    mommie_to_be08

Answer by mommie_to_be08 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2009