Easy way to unstuff his nose??

I have an 11 week old son and we live with his father and his grandma (dads mom) the other week we all got sick but my baby...

Well my son got a stuffy nose and dad freaked out and made a docs appt for him (but I told him he was not really bad sick and that he was just stuffed up) and so he went ahead and made one for himself and so did grandma so I took him to his appt by myself.

They said he has a cold nothing they can do but we can squeeze saline solution in his nose and wait a min then suck it out. we have tried to so many times not working. I have tried q tips witch they said was fine to use but it only gets whats in the front

Now I think his nose is fine I even took him to my aunts so she could check him out my aunt has kids and works with kids at our church so she knows what she is talking about. she said he was fine but his grandma is still freaking out and I just need sugestions on how to unstuff him..

JenniG89

Asked by JenniG89 at 9:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Buy baby vicks rub and put it on the bottom of his feet (and then of course socks so it doesn't get everywhere). Someone told me to to that and it really helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Get a humidifier and run it when he sleeps, you can also sit him in the bathroom with the shower running and let the steam work for him while you shower.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yep, saline nose spray/drops and the snot-sucker thing! Yes, we used a humidifier as well. Make sure his room is well-ventilated as well. Good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• a humidifier is good, and theres this stuff called little colds (same ppl that make little noses, and all that) its all natural, and works like the vicks, just with natural ingredients....i love it...you can get it at walmart, walgreens, any of those type of places i believe.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• When my daughter is stuffed up I put her in the bathroom with me while i shower. The steam works great.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 12:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2009